Thursday, September 1, 2011

Spoke to soon.....



Ryan has been doing really well in her big girl bed. I was telling Katie, Ari's mommy, that Ryan was doing so well in her bed. We had taken the girls to the mall and got to talking about how similar our girls were....even though they are 6 months apart. Side note, Ari is moving up to Ryan's class Monday. We are so excited.





Staying on track..... Ryan has now slept in her big girl bed for 4 nights. We went 3 without her falling out. About 11:30 last night I heard her cry really hard. I didn't even look at the monitor, I just ran. She was sitting on the floor crying. She had fallen out. I knew it would happen sooner or later. Poor thing was scared. She didn't hurt herself obviously...the bed is a foot off the ground. But it gave her a good scare.



This morning when I went to get her up I asked her if she feel out of her bed. She said, "No mommy, I feel out of Colin's bed." She had napped over there about a week ago and tried out a big bed during nap and feel out. She didn't even remember falling out last night.


Update on potty training.....


Ryan is doing ok. I would like her to do better, but I am going to let it take it's course. I know she knows what to do, however she isn't at the spot where she knows to tell us BEFORE she goes. It's a learning process and it will happen.



It is funny because at the beginning our problem was getting her to sit on her potty. Now the problem is getting her off. I know giving her a toy or ANGRY BIRDS (that girl is addicted) will help her sit, but it also distracts her. We have now started telling her that we are setting a timer and she has to get off when the timer goes off. Do you think that sat well with her (no pun)? Nope...she now tries to throw a fit. She has never really thrown a fit where she cries so loud that she screams. What wonderful things she is learning at school.....because she didn't learn that at home. :)


We tell her that we don't throw fits and she will go to time out. It has worked so far and they ususally don't last long. But the cry.....or scream that she does.... so pathetic. I can throw a better tantrum than that. Just kidding....it's not cute.


So we are doing well at the Adams' household. It's an adventure, that's for sure.



More pictures to come this weekend. We will have the new trampoline that Pretty Granma got Ryan all put together. Here are a few pictures of her trying to help.......























































No comments: