Friday, August 20, 2010

What if we had three kids?

Phillip and I went to Heather and Josh's Wednesday night to watch the kids. We had Ryan, so it was 20 month old, 23 month old and an almost 5 year old. It was fun, but a lot of "don't push, be easy, don't jump on him, slow down, watch out, sit down" and others that I am sure we said.

We all had a good time, Phillip in particular. He got his hair done!! Boy does he have a lot to look forward too. Just watch out for the makeup session, Phillip.

Oh a separate note, Ryan is picking up so much that I don't even realize. The other day she was watching me, rubbed her hands together and then put her hands on her face. She was putting on makeup. So now when I ask her to do that, she will rub her little hands together and then rub her face. She has also taken the "motherly" role. I was picking her up and one of her friends knocked a chair over and all of a sudden I heard, "Oh no, Ari, no." She was telling Ariana to not do that.

She will also say random people's names in a row... "Mommy, daddy, Ry Ry, Maizie (my moms dog), Ari, Emma (school friends) and many others. She will sing in the car and then say "Yeah Ry Ry." She does this b/c I will sing a song and then she says yeah to mommy. Now it's Yeah Ry Ry!!

What a great year and a half. It is a new thing everyday and we love it.

We didn't have Ryan this morning while getting ready and thought "What a joy to get ready without interruptions." Little did I know we would miss the interruptions. Phillip says "I miss that little buuugger head." He calls her that and I think its the cutest thing in the world. What's wrong with me?? :)

PS...most of you know that I am on weight watchers. I have lost 7 lbs in 2.5 weeks. I am loving it every time I see the numbers go down. What a great feeling. How crazy am I though? I had given a guy a few dollars to get me two tacos from Jack in the Box, which total was points...a normal lunch. I went back, got my money and ate my 4 point frozen meal. I am on a road to better things. Just thought I would post that. I am not fond of the pictures, but this is my week 3 picture. Not much to see nor compare it to, but hopefully in 3 more weeks we will see a difference.














No comments: