Thursday, November 3, 2011

Almost "3"

This girl will be 3 years old in less than 2 months. She has grown up so fast. Here are some almost “3” updates. She knows that her birthday is in December. She says, “It’s almost my birthday.” She has had two cousins and about 4 friends that had birthdays in September, so she knows it is coming.

She is doing really well with potty training. She likes to say that she has to go multiple times during dinner, but you can not “not” take her b/c that one time you don’t will be the time that she really has to go. We have told her that people need their privacy and to not go into the restroom if someone is in there. We will say, “You need to give them their privacy.” So she told Phillip last night, “Daddy, I need to give you my privacy.” So he left and she went.

We are still having a little trouble with the other potty situation. She will wait till she goes to bed and will go “2” in her night time diaper. I am not concerned about it right now b/c she isn’t 3 yet and we let the whole potty training thing kind of take its course and not pushed and she has responded. So we tell her that she needs to try and go before bed all the time. I am just waiting for the time when she will go. She has gone before, but it’s few and far between. We are concerned b/c she is having issues of diaper rash and it gets really bad. Well it’s more of an infection that women get. I think that it has to do with poor diet (when we have pizza or give her cheese a lot) and lack of probiotics. When we give them (probiotics) to her on a regular basis, she does well.

I am blogging about this so that others can learn from our situation. But, mostly to have something to refer to if this happens to our second child, whenever that may be.

She also takes things that we say and says them to her dolls. It’s funny b/c you don’t realize what sticks with her and what doesn’t. I heard her telling her Ken doll in the bath tub the other night “It’s ok Sweetheart. It’s ok.” That’s what Phillip says to her. Soooo cute!!! She will also say, “Oh mommy, that’s my favorite” if I tell her we are going to a party or to see her cousins.

Some favorites:
Tangled, the movie, Gabba Gabba (still and will probably always be her favorite), using her “Maggiedoodle” (Magnadoodle) and making her daddy draw happy and silly faces, singing songs from school, telling her daddy secrets (it’s actually tickling her daddy and then her daddy tickling her. I don’t know why they call it that), puzzles, and just being happy. Her favorite foods are yogurt and Panda Express noodles. We like to go to the mall and play and then go have Panda noodles for dinner.

She is the best thing in the world. I couldn’t imagine my life without her.
Last note: today at school a mother said, “Oh my gosh, she looks *just* like you.” I told her, “That’s what I have been told.”

The pictures below are when we went to Buy Buy Baby with Aunt Hay Hay. She found this backpack and called it her Hello Kitty packpack…..it was a mouse. It looks like she is ready for Kindergarden. Phillip didn’t like that statement.





























Hay Hay said she was smiling in this picture as if I was taking the picture from the front.



No comments: