Friday, August 17, 2012

Gymnastics Week 2


I am really loving this gymnastics thing. The kids are having so much fun.

It's fun to see them learn new things and try them on their own. When Ms Megan was helping another child, Ryan went over to where they do backwards somersaults and tried to do it on her own. She almost did it. Proud momma here.

It looks like every week they will stretch, jump on the trampolines, work on forward somersaults down the wedge, backwrds somersaults with a focus on another apparatus.

Last week the focus was walking on the balance beams forward, backwards, and sideways.

This week the focus was on the single bar and parallel bars.

Ryan is fearless and I am really hoping she loves this and continues. She has that gymnast stature. Surprise comment coming up..... Phillip: "Maybe we should put her in 2 times a week."






Cooper is in front and Ryan is behind him. They did the bear crawl on the parallel bars.


Here is where they were swinging on the single bar.




Sideways crawl on parallel bar.....


Coop pulling up on the bar.



Go Coop...he was good at this!!


Ryan about to flip backwards on the bar.


"Ta Da!" She did it. I got her as she landed. 




This is going to be my favorite part of each week. It reminds me of when I used to take gymnastics. I am going to have to get out the ol' videos and show Ryan of when I did this at her age.

No comments: