Thursday, August 23, 2012

Where did the summer go?

I cherish the picture below. It is one of the last times (maybe go once more this weekend) that we will go swimming this summer. We have gone a lot, but it feels like the summer just flew by. At the beginning of the summer, she was in a life jacket (and still is at times) but now she wants to swim by herself. Jack Cater's big pool is shallow enough that she can touch, but deep enough for her to swim. She now pushes me aways and tells me to watch her. She will go under the water and sit there for a few seconds. She also tries to doggy paddle. Ugh... she is just growing up to fast. I love all of the new stages, but this stage is bitter sweet. She is still our baby, but old enough to know right a wrong, being sweet or having the attitude. She is such a good girl and really tries to be a good girl.

She moves up on Monday to the next class. They say it's a lateral move, but she has accomplished almost all of the skills that this age should conquer.



She makes me smile. She wanted to be spidey girl in Walmart.


Another big deal in 3 year old world....she wore her flip flops with no backs to the store. I love little feet in flip flops.


Froyo (frozen yogurt) time!!! Jeff, Katie, Phil, the girls and I all went to frozen yogurt Friday. They both got all smiley faces for the whole week. Our reward is froyo! I have to say...it IS my favorite time of the week!


Modeling bracelets at Aunt Hay Hay's jewelry party.




Backwards day at school today. There is no school tomorrow as it is teacher inservice. Ryan gets to go to Ms Sue's house with Coop and B tomorrow. She is SO excited. 




Phillip made the apron small enough for her to wear while she helped in the kitchen.
And yes...she stood like that on her own.



No comments: