Thursday, July 21, 2011

ENT appt....elaboration!

Ryan had her ENT appt yesterday. The last time we were there, she wouldn't sit long enough to have the head phones on and for the audiologist to get actuate information. So this time, I of course bribed her with ice cream.....which we didn't get b/c I am a bad mother. I thought two packs of smarties and a sucker was enough :)! She did better and kept the head phones on for just the right amount of time. (side note...I need a personal assistant to go with me everywhere I go so that they can snap shots of the cute moments) She looked so cute in her little head phones. However, they were tight so she kept taking them off, but I would put them right back on. It was so funny b/c when the lady on the other side of the window would ask her a question, she would yell "YES." It just tugs at my heart how sweet and innocent she is sometimes.

After that, the lady looked in her ear and said, "Hmmm...well there is something in her ear. We will just call it a foreign object." Ok....I was thinking to myself, "Object...what could she possibly have in her ear?" She said that the Dr will look a bit closer and we will see what it is, but she said it was green.

Before we saw the Dr, the audiologist said that Ryan's hearing is just fine. She has no concern for loss of hearing.

Once we got into the room, Dr Huang (or Dr KONG as Ryan calls her) looked in her ear and said maybe a green crayon. A GREEN CRAYON?? How did she get that in there? Ryan did fantastic while the Dr looked in her ear. Ryan even asked her to look again....yes....my child is crazy. Dr Huang got the ear wax with the green on it out of her ear and all is good. We won't go back for another 4 months.....not 6 weeks. YAY!

The kicker to the story is that Becky read the blog where I mentioned the green crayon and said, "Are you sure it was a crayon?" I asked why and she said, "Remember when we kept her and said that if she had any green on her it was b/c she got into the green markers?" Ahhhhh Haaa... the truth comes out! Pretty Granma was the one who is responsible!!

Thanks PG.... you are a riot. I love it. At least we now have it "documented" as you say!!

No comments: