Monday, April 19, 2010

Butterflies, balloons and fun!

What a weekend. All of us girls, plus Coop, stayed at my mom’s house while Josh was in OK for work and Richard and Phillip were in Mt Vernon at the farm.

The weekend started off Friday night in the backyard. We put Bronwyn to work as she raked and shoveled dirt around while the little ones ran up and down the hill. They fell, got up, played with the ball, rode the little thing (don’t know name) and played with Bronwyn’s Zhu Zhu pets, or rats as Aunt Hay Hay calls them. After that, the little ones got a bath. Coop pretty much swims. He is all over that tub. Ryan, not so much. She sat there and watched him and then got upset b/c he was splashing her too much. Boy, is she in for some trouble. This is just the beginning of those two and what’s to come as they get older. But I got a few good pictures of them in the tub together. These will be great pictures to show them when they get older and start to fight. I will tell them that I will put them in the tub together if they don’t stop fighting.















































































































































Saturday started off at the butterfly museum. We packed the kids up in two cars and headed to Fair Park. Ryan obviously didn’t make it before taking a nap.

It was a good time. I regret a few things. The museum was humid on purpose. I didn’t stay long enough to read why. But I don’t like to be hot or sweaty unless I am working out. Well, I got hot and sweaty and Ryan was walking around and making me sweat more. We couldn’t take the strollers so it wasn’t much of a stroll. I feel bad now b/c my mom offered to watch Ryan or help me, but all I wanted was to cool off. I should have gone back in after settling down. So the therapy for me (from having bugs fly at my face) didn’t happen. Thanks to Aunt Hay Hay, she took some pretty pictures of the butterflies and B inside. Also, thank you Nana for the pretty outfit for Ryan with a butterfly on it.

After that, we put the kids back in the strollers and got to go to the gardens part. We walked to the fountain and let the kids walk around. There was a lot of space and outside, so was kind of nice. We got some cute pictures of them. I love the one of Aunt Hay Hay and Bronwyn walking.




























































































































































































































































































































































































































































These next pictures are of Ryan after her nap just playing around. We went to dinner Saturday and then came back for a movie. The kids were asleep and mom and her girls sat down for a movie, The Blind Side. The first part was good. That’s all I saw b/c I passed out!!
































































































We had breakfast Sunday morning and then mom watched Ryan while I went to Zumba. Hayley went home b/c she had a wedding to work Sunday afternoon.

After I got back, we got ready and went to the Balloon Convention in downtown Dallas. Supposedly, this is a huge thing they have that’s only one day on one weekend. We got there around 1pm thinking we would have plenty of time. We didn’t enter the actual area until an hour or so later. The line wasn’t all that bad b/c it would move at a good pace every few minutes. I would say it was maybe ½ a mile long. I don’t know……all I do know is that it started up stairs in a long hallway, lined the outside edge of a ballroom and went back down stairs. For those with strollers were never told that at the end of the line, we would have an escalator that was out of order. Mom and I took the strollers down the slow elevator while Heather and B stayed in line.

After we got in, we saw lots of fun things made out of balloons. There is Dirk. I knew he was tall, but man….he is huge! :)














































































































































































































































































































































































































Well at least I got my picture of a butterfly!!!!























Dog on a motorcycle!!























Windmill




























































Waterfall......look at the person standing near it. That's how big it was.


































































































No comments: